Manga Series of this is written by Tomo Takabayashi
Illustrated by Temari Matsumoto.
Yuri Shibuya was living a pretty normal life. That changed the day he was dunked into a toilet after an attempt to save a classmate from a gang of bullies. Instead of just getting a good soaking, he’s pulled in. The next thing he knows, he’s in a world that vaguely resembles medieval Europe. If that’s not odd enough, he’s told that he is to be the next Maoh, just because he has black hair and black eyes. The Maoh is the King of the Mazoku, who are coexisting not-so-peacefully with the humans in this world. Much to his subjects’ dismay, he’s totally different from the rulers they’re accustomed to. He’s kind, considerate, a believer in justice, and not willing to use violence to solve conflicts. Not exactly someone they want running a country on the very brink of war. Now, Yuri has to deal with trying to become a good Maoh, while at the same time attempting to adapt to this lands’ customs and culture, all in a world where the tension between the humans and Mazoku is reaching its peak.
Shin Makoku with an old England ambiance and Japan.
He is the story’s main protagonist. After being transported to another world he becomes the 27th Maou(demon king) of a country called Shin Makoku. Before that, he was only a normal high school Japanese boy who loves baseball.
He is Yuuri’s guard. He is the second son of the previous Demon Queen, Cäcilie von Spitzweg. His father was Dunheely Weller, was from the royal family of Big Shimaron and was considered the greatest swordsman in Shin Makoku. Conrad is only half mazoku and because of this he has no maryoku. As Conrad’s father was not a mazoku noble so he does not have “von” in his name.
Wolfram von Bielefelt
He is the youngest son of the former Maou, Cäcilie von Spitzweg. He is the only one of the previous queen’s three sons who inherited her emerald green eyes and blonde hair, so he bears a striking resemblance to her. It is said he inherited his selfishness from his father, but he can also be very manly and reliable. He is the half-brother of Conrad and Gwendal. He has extremely high pride and is hot-headed. He is arrogant and short-tempered but can also be quite compassionate at times. He dislike humans.
Gwendal von Voltaire
The eldest son of Cäcilie. He is the current lord of Voltaire. He is a skilled tactician and is capable of using earth magic and can cast barriers. Gwendal is a tough guy except when it comes to his childhood friend, Anissina, and his brothers. He is afraid of Anissina and often hides from her so he can prevent being used in one of her crazy experiments.
Gunter von Christ
He is one of the Ten Aristocrats, and Yuuri’s royal adviser. He is a skilled swordsman and magician, He can use all of the elements. He is a very whimsical person and poetic in his thoughts. He is Anissina’s number 2 test subject. He has an extremely strong attachment to Yuuri and tends to pine for Yuuri when has been gone from Shin Makoku for any amount of time. 20 years ago he was an instructor at a military academy.
He’s the past Great Sage, a close adviser of Shinou. He’s also the closest friend of Shibuya in Earth.
Adalbert von Grantz
A former Shin Makoku, who loves his fiance Julia that he’s willing to turn on those he called friends to avenge her death. And while he seems to have good intentions, he is ruthless. He abandon Shin Makoku to take revenge. He’s the first person met by Yuri Shibuya in Shin Makoku.
Other Significant Characters:
- Shinou – the first Maou of Shin Makoku. He was so dedicated to the kingdom, that he was willing to sacrifice himself in order to protect it
- Greta – At first, she tried to kill Shibuya but ended to be an adopted daughter of Shibuya and Wolfram
- Morgif – the demon sword of Maou
- Shouri Shibuya – elder brother of Yuri. He’s the future Maou on Earth.
- Ulrike – An 800-year old oracle with the form of a young girl. Ulrike comes from a long line of priestesses each chosen by Shinou to act as a channel between him and the people of Shin Makoku
- Saralegi – Small Shimaron King. He became friend of Yuri
- Berius – bodyguard of Saralegi and brother of Alazon
- Alazon – the former Empress of Seisakoku and mother of Saralegiand Yelshi.
- Shouma Shibuya – Shibuya’s brothers dad
- Miko Shibuya – Shibuya’s brothers mom
- Grisela von Christ – adopted daughter of Gunter. Physician in Shin Makoku
- Cacilie von Spitzweg – The 26th Maoh and the mother of Wolfram, Conrad and Gwendal, each with different fathers. One of the three great witches of Shin Makoku. Commonly known as “Golden Celi.” She can use fire magic. Although initially, Cäcilie seems to be rather airheaded, she is actually very astute and intelligent and a very caring person.
- Dacascos – He is one of the Soldiers at Blood Pledge Castle.
- Josak Gurrier – a childhood friend of Conrad and is a spy for Shin Makoku who reports to Gwendal.
Well, as what you have read this anime is all about Yuri Shibuya, a 15 years old Japanese high school student who suddenly transferred to another dimension named Shin Makoku because of helping a guy named Ken Murata.
Transferring there was a disaster at first but it became a wonderful part of his life. Actually, he’s the Maou of Shin Makoku and the chosen one to save this world. In this dimension, there is a Mazoku and a human which are great enemies but because of Yuri a new world was created where people and Mazoku live in unity and peace. Clever, stupid, but cute and kind king change the world.
Encounter/Reason I watched it:
At first, this anime is boring for me because of its old England setting style. I watched this first in Animax but didn’t love it. After 2 years, my friend lend me her Cd, one of them is Kyou Kara Maou. I end up watching all her cd except this but due to my boredom last summer I end up watching it also.
Watching it was a good choice. It is really interesting and full of adventure. Kyou Kara Maou is a good anime. It is heart throbbing, heart breaking, a comedy. All in one. I hope you’ll watch it also.
Lessons I’ve learned:
- Being clever and kind can help you move people’s heart. What’s great? You can also be the reason why they change for a good one.
- Being a leader needs great responsibility.
- As long as you want to protect someone, you can be stronger.
- Unity is the key to a peaceful world.
– because he risk his life just to save Shin Makoku. He even plotted how to save Shin Makoku before he died. He always guides his country even he’s in other dimension. He puts faith to the new Maou and helps him. He’s cute, handsome, clever, funny, but intelligent. He’s a great friend and a great Maou.
When Shinou tests the ability of Shibuya to save Shin Makoku and when the two Maou’s save Great Sage copy.
- Shinou and Great Sage friendship
© All rights reserved
October 25, 2012